Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's Eve-Time for New Year's Resolution

Today is the last day for the year 2010.
I woke up at 8am, and right now am sipping away my morning coffee after having my breakfast. Ah... I see trees of green, red roses too...*What a wonderful world~~*

And again, the idea of writing one final piece of shit before entering the year 2011 came to my mind. So I opened the web and to my surprise the Facebook community has yet to wake up from its daily hibernation. Ah... great, so no one's gonna pop up a chat while I'm busy typing away.
Image: rearrange-inc.com
Again, the same question that I forwarded last year: Why make such a fuss over the changing of time from 11:59pm to 12:00am tonight? Does it not happen like, EVERYDAY? The fact that I've been to a New Year Countdown party before just made me fuming over the idea over and over again. The daily switch of time may not be an interesting event per se, many people tend to exaggerate the importance of the final day of the year, for some, to the extend of buying new clothes to be worn on this final day, to go out with friends and come back drunk, or.. for the adventurous bunch, gang fight.
Image: sociallysuperlative.com
For those of you believing in 2012, you have only 1 year left to enjoy your life. So go out there and breed like rabbit. To be fair, that shit ain't gon happen anyway. Too many scientific errors within the movie itself and yet there are so many people out there believing in the fictitious and not proper science. This is the power of Hollywood, making the supernatural looks natural, and misusing the name of science-everyone now thinks that 2012 is backed up by strong scientific evidence.

If that is the case, we should start talking to our cars, in case it's a Transformer in disguise.


Argue all you want, fellas. I know there is a video featuring a prominent professor from Taiwan telling people that 2012 MIGHT be real. Well he's not entirely wrong when he says that the past decade has been the most hazard-laden time in the history of humanity. But he is definitely wrong when he says that the activity of sunspot PEAKS in the year 2012. Check the butterfly diagram, it peaks in the year 2013.

And to be honest, there are some prominent scientists who share a similar thought, so I'm pretty confident that 2012 is another pile of junk like the Y2K bug~ Even the Y2K was more convincing than 2012.

Alright, enough of bitterness, now to brighter side of life.

A recap of last year's NYR;

1) study well =)
2) save more money (triple the amount I have now)
3) control my ego
4) be a lovely son
5) kill more ants
6) attend UM convocation 

Um... Yep I've been calling my parents more often now, and study wise it's all OK. Financial wise, it's not really looking good since I've moved out of campus since July and the monthly rental is kinda hefty especially I'm living in a room of my own.
Sharing the room with myself makes the room kinda congested
But let's be more adventurous this year.

1) Learn a new language, maybe German(or Spanish or Italian)
2) Visit a foreign country and at least 4 Malaysian states (other than Selangor, Melaka, and Sarawak)
3) UM Convocation
4) Get a pair of new spectacles (finally)
5) Get a new phone
6) More pitch football than futsal.(I have to pay for futsal but not football)
7) Move to a new house.
8) 62kg!!!!

Doesn't look easy huh~? That's why we call it New Year's Resolution =)



Malcolm

2 comments:

  1. Interesting~

    have u achieve half of your resolutions?

    61kg dy? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cured from (HSV)-2, via__________________________ [R.buckler11@ gm a i l. com],…

    HE CURES ALL...

    HERPES 1&2

    HEPATITIS

    FIBROID

    PROSTATE CANCER

    ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...