Friday, November 18, 2011

Parody - Ong Kim Swee Turned Down Request From Christiano Ronaldo

KUALA LUMPUR- Head coach of Malaysia Under-23 football team, Ong Kim Swee had turned down the request from the 2008 Ballon d'Or Winner Christiano Ronaldo to play for the side.

Ronaldo had earlier said in an interview with the Portuguese media of his admiration for the team, and how he wishes to play for the Malaysian national team.
Christiano Ronaldo to don Harimau Muda Jersey? Image: topnews.in 
"It will be a dream come true for me. I mean, there are so many great players in the team, Shahrul Azwani; Baddrol Bakhtiar; Khairul Fahmi, and so on. I watch every match in the Liga Malaysia and I was so happy when Negeri Sembilan won the Malaysia Cup recently. I am an avid fan of the team and I sincerely hope that Mr. Ong could consider my request.

"No one would want to miss the chance to play for the Malaysian team. I may not be good enough to play in the first eleven but I promise to give my best during the training to impress the coach." he said to the Spanish media in Madrid.

Ong Kim Swee, when interviewed after beating Malaysia's nemesis Indonesia 1-0 in the SEA Games match at the infamous Gelora Bung Karno Stadium cited Ronaldo's request as inconsequential.

"I can't possibly include everyone in the team. All I can say is sorry and to be honest, we have too much strength in our side to include Christiano.

"If he comes in, I will have to add another player on our bench, in addition to observing his physical endurance and his adaptability to our South East Asia climate. Not every European could play well under such humid environment."

Ronaldo's exorbitant lifestyle was earlier predicted by the media to be the stumbling block for his inclusion into the team. Ong, however, steadfastly refuted the claim.

"Being rich is not a crime. But he will have to bear with the team's menu of nasi lemak and rendang because, well, we are the Malaysian team.

"That is, of course, if I take him into the team." he said with grin. 



Malcolm
P/S: this is a fake news written within 5 minutes. The truth is out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...